SEMI-PESCETARIAN LIFE: THE INTRODUCTION

September 17, 2013

L
ike most of us, I used to dislike vegetables as a kid. I despised and avoided it like a plague even if the adults are telling me that it’s healthy. I mean, as kids, we don’t really care much (or at all) about our wellness. The only  vegetable that I can digest are aspharagus, cauliflower, string beans and baby corns. I was always leaning to pasta, sweets and meats, especially fried chicken! But now that I’m a fully grown-up lady, I dig a much more variety of veggies. It’s slimming and healthy when taken moderately, of course. It strikes a balance between looking good and feeling good. Who doesn’t want that?That's why I'm so excited to be on this new journey, the Semi-Pescetarian life!


Hi there, 

My agenda is to chronicle my dietary plan as a Semi-Pescetarian starting from today. Yes, you see the word “semi” because it will go on 6 days a week,  from Sundays up to Fridays. That makes Saturday my official cheat day. And by the way, to those who don't know:

What is Pescetarianism?

AKA: Pescotarianism or Pesco-Vegetarian. It is a practice of a diet that includes seafood, but not the flesh of other animals.  A pescetarian diet also includes vegetables, fruits, nuts, grains, beans, eggs, dairy, and insect byproducts (such as honey), but unlike a vegetarian diet it also includes fish, mollusks, and crustaceans.


♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ 

Allow me to start the dawn of my nutritional regimen with this delicious cuisine.


ALL VEGETABLE KARE-KARE AND LOMI SOUP

It is my frist time to taste a "veggie meat" in my whole life and for me, it taste okay. As a newly Pescotarian, a part of me is still screaming for the real thing but I guess, this will do healthwise. One step at a time, right. The cuisine that you're seeing below is a Kare-kare, a delicious Filipino cuisine originally made with pork or beef but, since this is a vegetarian restaurant, therefore, they are using non-meat alternatives to replace the protein in every cuisine that they are serving.

It sure looks like real meat, but don’t let your eyes fool you for it is made out of soy meat to mimic real meat.  I even asked the woman who serves the food three times just to confirm that it is not meat. I couldn't believe my eyes.
Steamy vegetable lomi for a cold and rainy weather.
The condiment is a bagoong which is made up of permented fish, shrimps and salt.
All the foods that you see here are from this vegetarian restaurant, BODHI.

That sums up my first entry for my Pescotarian Exploration chronicle. I'm really glad that I'm enjoying vegetables now that I'm an adult, compared to when I was a kid. I hope I can stick to this routine for I know that there are big benefits to eating healthy.

Bodhi (also known as Evegreen)
SM Cubao, SM North EDSA, SM Megamall, SM South Mall, SM City Manila, SM Makati

Visit their Facebook Page HERE

Thanks for reading,

TN